Comp Resource Group has been retained by HCR Home Care to help identify, interview and hire an Occupational Therapist (OT) to join this rapidly growing Home Health company.
Occupational Therapists at HCR evaluate patients & provide skilled intervention within the context of activities of daily living, all within the patient’s own home environment. OTs work within a dynamic, close-knit OT team & enjoy close collaboration w/physical therapists, speech therapists, nurses, social workers, dieticians, & HHAs. OTs at HCR work flexible hours & independently manage their individual schedule.
- Focus on ADL progression, falls prevention, energy conservation, and personal care independence. Common treatment interventions include adaptive equipment trials, compensatory strategies, ROM/strength progression, dynamic balance training, functional activity advancement, and caregiver education.
- Participate in the development and periodic revision of the comprehensive, interdisciplinary plan of care and work closely with the patient’s physician to manage changes in the patient’s condition.
- Instruct patients and families in the activities of daily living.
- Establish household management routines.
- Instruct patients and their families in the use of prosthetic, orthotic and assistive devices.
- Educate patients and caregivers in the use of appropriate adaptive equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to use Agency’s EMR program.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently, and complete paperwork accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Must comply with privacy & HIPAA laws. Must be respectful of the patient’s rights & treat a client & his/her belongings with dignity & respect.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile with current insurance coverage and in good working condition available to use for work. Must be willing to travel throughout assigned county.
- Willingness to submit to physical examination, criminal background and drug testing.
- Graduate of an accredited occupational therapy program.
- Licensed by and currently registered with the New York State Education Department.
- New Grads welcome to apply
- Salary up to $84,000
- Relocation Assistance
- Job Description
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for, or to learn more about this position, please contact Eric at 800-637-4124.
- Address Plattsburgh, New York, United States
- Compensation $80,000 - $90,000
- Job Setting Home Health